TimeGenie

Free Online Dating
Like Share

The Time in Kentucky

Monday, September 30, 2013 by — creator of Time Genie

Updated: Friday, March 11, 2016

Flag of Kentucky, United States

Flag of Kentucky.

What time is it in Kentucky? This is a commonly asked question — but this question requires a question in return — where in Kentucky?

Kentucky actually has 2 time zones — the Central and Eastern Time Zones to be exact. Approximately 60% of Kentucky is located in the Eastern Time Zone with the remaining 40% of Kentucky in the Central Time Zone.

As a general rule, the western part of Kentucky (left side) is located in the Central Time zone while eastern part of Kentucky (right side) is located in the Eastern Time zone. But there are exceptions to the rule.

Keep reading to learn more about time zones in Kentucky.


Sponsored Links

Kentucky — Video

Kentucky has a passion for horses.

What Time Is It In Kentucky? There Are 2 Time Zones

The time in Kentucky can actually be a little bit confusing.

Any Kentucky County that is 100% east of 86°30'W is in the Eastern Time Zone — but there are 11 counties to which this rule does not apply.

The 11 counties that are the exception to the rule are: Adair, Allen, Barren,Clinton, Cumberland, Edmonson, Hart, Green, Metcalfe, Monroe and Russell.

All other Kentucky Counties plus the 11 counties mentioned are in the Central Time Zone.

→ Learn more about the counties in Kentucky

Map of Kentucky
A map of Kentucky. You can also download this map in PDF format.

The 2 Time Zones in Kentucky

Time Zone Major Cities
Eastern Time Ashland, Bardstown, Berea, Burlington, Covington, Danville, Elizabethtown, Erlanger, Florence, Fort Knox, Frankfort, Georgetown, Independence, Jeffersontown, Lawrenceburg, Lexington, Louisville, Lyndon, Middlesboro, Newport, Nicholasville, Radcliff, Richmond, Shelbyville, Shepherdsville, Shively, Somerset, Winchester
Central Time Bowling Green, Central City, Fort Campbell, Franklin, Glasgow, Henderson, Hopkinsville, Leitchfield, Madisonville, Mayfield, Murray, Owensboro, Paducah, Princeton, Russellville

Time Zone Data

Information about the time zones in Kentucky.

Standard Time Daylight Saving Time
Eastern Standard Time EST GMT -5 Eastern Daylight Time EDT GMT -4
Central Standard Time CST GMT -6 Central Daylight Time CDT GMT -6
Kentucky time zone map
Notice how Kentucky's time zones are divided on an angle? This is because all but 11 counties east of 86°30'W are in the Eastern Time Zone. This creates an angle effect. The orange part of the map shows the Central Time Zone while the green part of the map shows the Eastern Time Zone.

Daylight Saving Time

All of Kentucky observes daylight saving time (DST).

Daylight saving time (DST) schedule:

→ At 2 AM local time, clocks are advanced 1 hour on the second Sunday in March.

→ At 2 AM local time, clocks go back 1 hour on the first Sunday in November.

Kentucky Time Zone Chart

By usig the following time zone chart you can see the time differences between the 4 main time zones in the United States including the Central Time Zone (left and bottom of Kentucky) and the Eastern Time Zone (the right and top of Kentucky).

→ Try Time Genie's time zone converter.

Click a heading to sort the table.

Eastern Time Central Time Mountain Time Pacific Time
00:00 12:00 AM 23:00 11:00 PM 22:00 10:00 PM 21:00 9:00 PM
01:00 1:00 AM 00:00 12:00 AM 23:00 11:00 PM 22:00 10:00 PM
02:00 2:00 AM 01:00 1:00 AM 00:00 12:00 AM 23:00 11:00 PM
03:00 3:00 AM 02:00 2:00 AM 01:00 1:00 AM 00:00 12:00 AM
04:00 4:00 AM 03:00 3:00 AM 02:00 2:00 AM 01:00 1:00 AM
05:00 5:00 AM 04:00 4:00 AM 03:00 3:00 AM 02:00 2:00 AM
06:00 6:00 AM 05:00 5:00 AM 04:00 4:00 AM 03:00 3:00 AM
07:00 7:00 AM 06:00 6:00 AM 05:00 5:00 AM 04:00 4:00 AM
08:00 8:00 AM 07:00 7:00 AM 06:00 6:00 AM 05:00 5:00 AM
09:00 9:00 AM 08:00 8:00 AM 07:00 7:00 AM 06:00 6:00 AM
10:00 10:00 AM 09:00 9:00 AM 08:00 8:00 AM 07:00 7:00 AM
11:00 11:00 AM 10:00 10:00 AM 09:00 9:00 AM 08:00 8:00 AM
12:00 12:00 PM 11:00 11:00 AM 10:00 10:00 AM 09:00 9:00 AM
13:00 1:00 PM 12:00 12:00 PM 11:00 11:00 AM 10:00 10:00 AM
14:00 2:00 PM 13:00 1:00 PM 12:00 12:00 PM 11:00 11:00 AM
15:00 3:00 PM 14:00 2:00 PM 13:00 1:00 PM 12:00 12:00 PM
16:00 4:00 PM 15:00 3:00 PM 14:00 2:00 PM 13:00 1:00 PM
17:00 5:00 PM 16:00 4:00 PM 15:00 3:00 PM 14:00 2:00 PM
18:00 6:00 PM 17:00 5:00 PM 16:00 4:00 PM 15:00 3:00 PM
19:00 7:00 PM 18:00 6:00 PM 17:00 5:00 PM 16:00 4:00 PM
20:00 8:00 PM 19:00 7:00 PM 18:00 6:00 PM 17:00 5:00 PM
21:00 9:00 PM 20:00 8:00 PM 19:00 7:00 PM 18:00 6:00 PM
22:00 10:00 PM 21:00 9:00 PM 20:00 8:00 PM 19:00 7:00 PM
23:00 11:00 PM 22:00 10:00 PM 21:00 9:00 PM 20:00 8:00 PM
Like Share

Time Genie Features

Time Genie

Like

Share

Thank You

Thanks For Supporting Time Genie

Time Genie :: It's About Time Your Wish Came True
:: It's About Time Your Wish Came True

Encyclopedia TG

Encylopedia Time Genie.

FYI

Time Genie respects your privacy.

Disclaimer